Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Seagate and Airport Extreme

Hi hope someone can help me ...

I can not get my new Airport Extreme recognize my Seagate Desktop Drive Backup Plus 3TB.

This is in NTF format but I changed to MAC OS Extendened (Journaled) format and yet the Air Port Extreme do not recognize ...

I also checked the Disk Utility but all is ok.

What I can do to make Air Port Extreme recognize the external hard drive? 😕

I have read many negative reviews of Seagate disks that if I had known that this is incompatible with Mac never bought.

Thanks for your future help!

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Oct 1, 2013 7:05 PM

1 reply

Oct 1, 2013 9:08 PM in response to J Christian

Hmmm.. the partition map is still MBR.. this is sometimes a problem.. lets work on the basis that it is .. redo the partition to GUID. And reformat it as you already have with HFS+.

Some disks do not work.. even though powered without a powered USB hub.. I think the issue is not so much the power capability of the AE USB port but the lack of drivers for a large enough range of USB chips.. not every powered hub works so even that is a bit of a lucky draw.

Please read the above again as lots of people immediately retort that it is a powered drive.. I know that.. but it needs a powered hub regardless.

Seagate and Airport Extreme

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.