Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I convert my 25 fps sequence to 23.98 sequence

Believe it or not I've been editing footage shot at 23.98 into a 25 frame rate sequence. Please don't ask how.

The graphics company is creating their stuff at 23.98 (understandably.)

Now I would like to convert my sequence to 23.98 so that there are no more problems down the road.

I've tried copying from the 25 sequence into a 23.98 sequence, but all the cuts end of screwed up and way off from what I edited.

Help?

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Oct 1, 2013 10:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2013 8:25 AM

yeah, that's what happens. You're gonna need to bite the bullet and adjust your edits.

7 replies

Oct 2, 2013 10:37 AM in response to Shane Ross

Thanks Shane,

So here is the sad story. There was never a red render bar, everything was green and editing like a charm. Also, the first thing copied into the sequence was a title at 25 fps. So I was not alerted to the issue of the sequence not matching the video. Then when subsequent sequences were made it just kept going and going until we got a call from the graphics company. Doh! Luckily we were only 13 minutes in.

--Aaron (your Warren The Ape co-editor)

How can I convert my 25 fps sequence to 23.98 sequence

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.