Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote loses file

While editing a presentation, Keynote crashed. The edited file has been completely lost and could not be found after booting Keynote and the system. However, the recent items list of both Keynote and MACOS displayed this item. But selecting it did not lead to any response.

The item has been retrieved from Time Machine where it was in the folder where it should be. This folder is on the same drive as Keynote and the system. Shortly before Keynote crashed, either the system or Keynote displayed a message telling that the location for saving the presentation could not be found. Thus, I selected the folder manually and saved the file. Around 10 minutes later, the crash came and the file was lost. It is not on another drive or somewhere in the network.

Any idea about this disaster?

Thanks for helping!

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), 10 GB

Posted on Oct 2, 2013 1:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2013 2:56 AM

If you read some of the other posts, there appears to be a mojor issue with Keynote not running as it should.

There have been no fixes or workarounds that solve this issue.

3 replies

Oct 2, 2013 8:02 AM in response to Gary Scotland

Thanks. Now I know, that the message about the missing location to save is generated by Keynote. For the crash, I have no idea because this was my first crash of Keynote for long time. Normally, it is very reliable even with lengthy videos. I have even put four videos on one slide revolving and resizing all the time for about 10 minutes without any problem.

Keynote loses file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.