Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes been deleted, will I lose stuff?HELP

I can't download the new iOS 7.0.2 because I cannot back my phone up since downloading the new iTunes on my laptop, and I can't use iCloud either. When I try to go on iTunes it says it needs to be reinstalled, I'm scared to delete and reinstall though because I'm worried my library and pictures and entire phone content that I've been building for four years is going to disappear! HELP ME

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.1

Posted on Oct 2, 2013 1:04 AM

3 replies

Oct 2, 2013 1:07 AM in response to theonewhoknocks

theonewhoknocks wrote:

... I'm worried my library and pictures and entire phone content that I've been building for four years is going to disappear!

Have you not created and maintained a Backup of all your precious Photos... Music... etc.

theonewhoknocks wrote:

I When I try to go on iTunes it says it needs to be reinstalled,

Nothing should be lost... However it is Both Prudent and Recommended to have a Backup.

Oct 2, 2013 3:18 AM in response to AnaMusic

My phone was last backed up about two weeks ago on my iTunes, but I can't back it up again if I can't access iTunes which is why I don't want to delete and reinstall in case it wipes my library and then I won't have my backup or my stuff!

It was as easy as uninstalling and then simply logging back in and everything being as it was, as if it never needed to be reinstalled then this wouldn't be a worry or a problem:(

iTunes been deleted, will I lose stuff?HELP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.