Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail / iPhoto Photo Browser out of date.

In Mail, a photo browser button allows me to browse the contents of my iPhoto library (Events, places, etc).User uploaded file

However, the contents are not the same as what I see in iPhoto. They appear to be out of date - no event or photo after Jan 2011 is present.

iPhoto itself is working just fine, and has plenty of more recent photos and events etc.

Any ideas what's going on?

MacBook Pro, mac mini, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Oct 2, 2013 1:35 AM

4 replies

Oct 2, 2013 1:41 AM in response to Community User

Firstly, always assuming your profile is up to date, I would update the device to 10.6.8 using the Combo updater as follows.

Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update Combo v1.1 and follow with a software update to pick up the most recent security updates.

Then try again.

If there is no improvement I suggest you rephrase the question and put it in the iPhoto columns where it will receive the attention of the gurus there. It is always good practice to channel questions to the communities that are directly related to your problem.

Nov 18, 2016 9:20 AM in response to seventy one

Hi,

Thanks for the tips. I am already on 10.6.8 and have all the latest software updates installed. It has been doing this for a couple of years, I just never got around to posting it on here.

I chose this forum since I think it's a system service, not iPhoto in particular (and iPhoto itself is working fine). But I will repost in iPhoto if you think that might help.

Nov 18, 2016 9:20 AM in response to seventy one

Thing is, there seems to be nothing wrong with my iPhoto library, since iPhoto is working fine, and I've been happily editing and creating albums etc without a problem.

However, I have just repaired the iPhoto library database, and I'm still seeing the same problem. No change.

Mail / iPhoto Photo Browser out of date.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.