Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forgot Password iPhone iOS7

forgot password for my iphone how can I restore it or take the password?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 2, 2013 2:40 AM

8 replies

Oct 2, 2013 2:43 AM in response to _mfonseca

I read somewhere that with ios 7 and the new security features with find my phone active it is a little harder to get things to work again. Someone said that what you do is go to www.icloud.com and log in on your computer then click on find my phone and then remotely wipe the phone and then activate the phone again and use you Apple ID to achieve that and then restore from you backup to get the phone back to they way it was. I hope you have a backup

Oct 2, 2013 3:01 AM in response to Ocean20

For the record, AFAIK, with iPhones running iOS7.0, and Activation Lock active, there are only two ways to remove a forgotten passcode: 1. Force the phone into recovery mode & restore it...any computer can be used; 2. Login to iCloud.com, from any computer, and erase the phone. Once done, the phone can be restored from backup, if a backup exists. Either method requires knowing the original Apple ID/Password, that was originally used to activate the phone.

There is another complication I've run into: The Sim pin. There are carriers that still require sim pins. If the phone has a sim pin, you'll be stuck in a cath 22, in that you can't activate the phone without removing the sim pin, but removing requires the phone be activated. Only solution I'm aware of is to either borrow a sim without a sim pin, or get a new sim from your carrier.

Forgot Password iPhone iOS7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.