Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Couldn't remove keywords ...

Hi iMovie Fans,

I rarely use iMovie[1]. Recently I discovered the keywords feature[2]. The second time I tried to use this feature I found it broken[3]. I added a keyword to a section of a clip in the event browser and was surprised that I got a dash "-" instead of a checkmark next to the keyword in the keyword browser. I was more surprised by the fact that clicking it again neither unchecked the box nor turned the dash into a checkmark. So I googled and found the iMovie '11: Apply keywords to video article. That explains what the dash is supposed to mean, but didn't apply in this case. Then I found a discussion here, 18 fps breaks transition previewing, precision editor, and keywords, which gave me an idea of what to try. I simply selected a different project in the project browser without opening it, and as if by magic, the dash was now a checkmark, and I could remove individual keywords from my clip again[4]. Hopefuly someone finds this info useful.

Cheers,

Chris

[1] because I've always found it such a frustrating and miserable experience

[2] it can happen that you discover features that are part of a product years later if you don't use it much

[3] example frustration and misery

[4] ***!?

iMovie '11, osx 10.8.5

Posted on Oct 2, 2013 2:14 AM

There are no replies.

Couldn't remove keywords ...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.