Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to continue windows installation using bootcamp

I am using boot camp to install the windows 7 pro 64bit, but i was unable to continue the installation.

I was stuck at the partition page where i click to format the partition for boot camp, then when i click "next" button, the installer show error message "Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system partition. See the setup log file for more information."

Need i assistance on this as this is the exact same step last time i install my windows 7 pro 32bit at my another mac book air.

Thanks.

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Oct 2, 2013 2:56 AM

5 replies

Dec 10, 2013 4:46 PM in response to ImAppleNoob

I'm having the same problem, iv used bootcamp and followed the instructions provided by apple on how to use/install windows 7 using bootcamp exactly! Everything goes perfectly fine up until the stage where you select the partition you want to install windows 7 on, so as per the instructions I selected the partition that is named bootcamp (drive 1, partition 4) selected advanced options and formatted it.

Once that is complete I click next and get the same error as described in this discussion:

Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing partition. See the setup log files for more information.

Please help I am trying to install windows 7 on a late 2013 iMac, I am using an external cd drive for the installation disk as well as an USB stick as bootcamp won't continue without the relevant downloaded windows files.

Thanks

Unable to continue windows installation using bootcamp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.