Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 7 not choosing secondary SMTP

Hi! I have encountered this issue on iPhone 5 (7.0.2), iPhone 5s (7.0.1) and iPad Mini (7.0). The problem is that I have 2 SMTP servers assigned to one of my mail accounts. When I am sending an email using the cellular data, the iPhone simply cannot connect to the primary SMTP server (which is ok, I understand why) so that I have another (secondary) SMTP server provided by my carrier which works well.. Now the problem is that when I am sending an email using the cellular data iPhone simply won't activate the secondary SMTP after unsuccessful attempt to connect to the primary one and won't send the emal. In order to send the email correctly, I have to turn manually turn off the primary server and then the device use the secondary one and everything works well.. Is that a bug in iOS 7? Does somebody have the the same problem?

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.1

Posted on Oct 2, 2013 6:38 AM

2 replies

Oct 22, 2013 3:34 AM in response to iphonik4

I also have this problem. I have tried turning off wi-fi and disabling the primary smtp server when going mobile but that doesn't work either.

Everything was fine before the upgrade from iOS6 to iOS7.

I've even gone through the whole delete the account and set it up again thing. More than once.

If it's not fixed soon I'll be getting a new phone that does work.

iOS 7 not choosing secondary SMTP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.