Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't boot from Snow Leopard install disc.

I have partitioned my HD and want to install Snow Leopard from original disc onto the new partition, but the computer will not boot up from the disc. Whether I hold C or Option down at start-up, it only gets as far as the gray screen and the ball spinning forever.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.1)

Posted on Oct 2, 2013 7:33 AM

11 replies

Oct 2, 2013 9:17 AM in response to eliezering

That isn't the original install disc as the one that came with the computer would be Grey in color, a very drab looking disc, however, if that was purchased from Apple and not a copy of another disc with just a label stuck on it, it should work. However, if the disc were damaged then you would have the same problem you are having. I would try to see if you can get another disc and try that (If you know someone that might have one). If that doesn't work, then take it to a Genius Bar and have them look at it, they may be able to help you out.

Can't boot from Snow Leopard install disc.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.