Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

suddenly can't access anything on macbook

hello , my macbook suddenly acting strangely yesterday . when I turn it on , I realized the desktop appearance changed. all files on the desktop disappear and also change the desktop background , back like buying a new macbook, with you-know-galaxy-picture on the desktop.

then I realized , everything changes , even the setting of the trackpad . My macbook trackpad settings changed to be like a new macbook, and the dock also changed . everything back like it is a new macbook . But strangely , when I change the settings , when I turn off my macbook , then I turn it back on , the settings will be lost and returned back to the settings as the new macbook .

When I try to access my documents , always appear a warning : The folder “Downloads” can’t be opened because you don’t have permission to see its contents.

not only the downloads folder , but all the folders.

Status on the list under the finder is written : 0 items , 23.87 GB available. I guess this means that all of my documents are still stored somewhere.

almost all of the application can not open . only a few games , but even then did not save my game memory. games that can be accessed should start from the beginning level. I can not even watch Youtube, because "adobe flash player is required for video playback". but actually I have a flash player. it's just that for some reason does not work.

When I tried updating the software , a warning appears : Software Update does not have any new software for your computer at this time .

it's like buy a new empty macbook with 23.87 GB of memory.

I bought my macbook around in 2007 . so there is no warranty . My macbook version 10.6.8

I would appreciate any help. Thank you soooo much!

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 2, 2013 7:57 AM

There are no replies.

suddenly can't access anything on macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.