Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop one specific 'notification' sound

I have just removed any sound (as well as vibrations) from all services, except Mail, from the Notification Center. I'd remove it for Mail, also, but it appears you can't eliminate everything from that function.

The reason is because I'm trying to figure out what app/service is playing a particular sound so I can change/stop it. The sound is "Silk." I actually set it for one app/service but decided it is too long/loud and chaged it to "None."

I have Restarted the phone once, didn't make any difference. I suppose a Restore might be next. Just wondering if anyone has had this stuborn notification sound problem and knows of a fix. 😮

Thanks!

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 2, 2013 8:08 AM

1 reply

Oct 2, 2013 8:48 AM in response to xairbusdriver

OK, I just got the notification sound, again. It is definitely coming from a new iCloud email. Yet, I have the sound for "New Mail" set to "None." Also have "Vibration" set to "None." What part of "None" is confusing the iOS?! 😁

aHA! I think I've found my own answer!

Even though I had set the "New Mail" sound (and Vibration) to "None," there is a setting in Notification Center for each email account! Sure enough, there was "Silk" listed in the iCloud account! It's now set to "None" there, also. Assuming that finally stops the playing of that sound, I'll change it to something shorter later.

How to stop one specific 'notification' sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.