Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can anyone explain to me if they have this problem? Since downloading the new iOS system both my iPhone and iPad are having major problems. The apps are continually freezing, locking up, crashing and failing to open. I've had issues with the keyboard etc.

For some reason this has totally damaged my iPad and iPhone. I'm using the 4s and the iPad 2, and I recently updated the iOS because I aw some good reports and reviews about it. Since doing so I can't believe what has happened. I'm now receiving problems literally all the time. The apps continually crash and freeze, the keyboard keeps freezing too. The machines have become very slow and both of them are now much slower than before. Not to mention that whenever I try to download the most recent update the iOS 7.02, I cannot actually download it as when I try to download it from the settings the settings also freezes and does not work so I can't download the newest update to see if it resolves problems. Does anyone have any idea? I can't find an email address for apple either?

Thanks

Josh

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.1

Posted on Oct 2, 2013 8:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2013 8:49 AM

First thing to try to remedy would be a device reset:

Device Reset (won't affect settings/data/music/apps/etc)

1. Press and hold (& continue to hold) BOTH the Sleep/Wake button & the Home button.

2. Continue to hold BOTH (ignoring any other messages that may show) until you see the Apple logo on the screen.

3. Release BOTH buttons when you see the Apple logo and allow the device to boot normally.

Apple does not have an "email address" (per se) that I know of. You can leave feedback here:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/

Here is Apple's Contact page:

https://www.apple.com/contact/

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2013 8:49 AM in response to Josue17

First thing to try to remedy would be a device reset:

Device Reset (won't affect settings/data/music/apps/etc)

1. Press and hold (& continue to hold) BOTH the Sleep/Wake button & the Home button.

2. Continue to hold BOTH (ignoring any other messages that may show) until you see the Apple logo on the screen.

3. Release BOTH buttons when you see the Apple logo and allow the device to boot normally.

Apple does not have an "email address" (per se) that I know of. You can leave feedback here:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/

Here is Apple's Contact page:

https://www.apple.com/contact/

Oct 2, 2013 9:06 PM in response to Josue17

If the Reset doesn't work, try a Restore. Note that it's nowhere near as quick as a Reset. It could take well over an hour! Connect via cable to the computer that you use for sync. From iTunes, select the iPad/iPod and then select the Summary tab. Follow the on-screen directions for Restore and be sure to say "yes" to the backup. You will be warned that all data (apps, music, movies, etc.) will be erased but, as the Restore finishes, you will be asked if you wish the contents of the backup to be copied to the iPad/iPod. Again, say "yes."

At the end of the basic Restore, you will be asked if you wish to sync the iPad/iPod. As before, say "yes." Note that that sync selection will disappear and the Restore will end if you do not respond within a reasonable time. If that happens, only the apps that are part of the IOS will appear on your device. Corrective action is simple - choose manual "Sync" from the bottom right of iTunes.

If you're unable to do the Restore, read this.

Oct 11, 2013 11:41 AM in response to Josue17

I am having the same lock-up issues on my iPhone 4S. it keep locking up! Resetting as suggested is the only way to get it running again, but it still locks up.

Hello Apple - we need a fix here please. Siri is in a bad mood, so am I and the thousands who are experiencing the same on their iPhone 5's

Oct 11, 2013 11:42 AM in response to MudJ

MudJ wrote:

I am having the same lock-up issues on my iPhone 4S. it keep locking up! Resetting as suggested is the only way to get it running again, but it still locks up.

Hello Apple - we need a fix here please. Siri is in a bad mood, so am I and the thousands who are experiencing the same on their iPhone 5's

If you would read my post just above yours, you would realize that there are other solutions.

Thousands? Naah.

Can anyone explain to me if they have this problem? Since downloading the new iOS system both my iPhone and iPad are having major problems. The apps are continually freezing, locking up, crashing and failing to open. I've had issues with the keyboard etc.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.