Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to connect a iPhone to the internet via MBP?

Hello!

I have a internet connection via LAN (cable) here. It's maybe like:

University <-------------------------------> dormitory <------------> my MacBook Pro

LAN-cable

I want to take my iPhone 5 iOS 7.0.2 to the internet. I have only the LAN possibility. I need to use a VPN through Tunnelblick where I also need to log-in with my account. Is it possible to use the connected MBP as a router for the iPhone? I tried to do it several times but when I start it the iphone is finding the Mac but does not stop connecting, so it is not connected in the end. And on the Mac the internet is no longer available, the starting page of the internet with a guide how to take the computer into the internet...

Is there any possibility to connect my iPhone and save mobile data?

Posted on Oct 2, 2013 8:31 AM

2 replies

Oct 2, 2013 8:37 AM in response to AppStore_Tester

Yes, it is.

The feature you're looking for is called "Internet Sharing" and it can be found under the Apple Menu > System Preferences > Sharing Icon.

If you're connected via a wired cable to your universities network, you can turn internet sharing on and it will advertise a network via the wireless adapter in your laptop.

For more information please see this knowledge base article - http://support.apple.com/kb/PH10740

Thanks;

- D

Is it possible to connect a iPhone to the internet via MBP?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.