Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I create a cameo effect on certain photos in either iPhoto or aperture?

How do I create a cameo effect on selected photos in aperture?

Aperture 3, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Oct 2, 2013 8:53 AM

9 replies

Oct 2, 2013 10:12 AM in response to jcottone45

how do I check to see if I have lay=test version?

When you select Aperture in the Applications folder in the Finder, the version should show below the Aperture icon:

User uploaded file

The latest version is 3.4.5.

Well it looks like I now have lost my aperture library, had to open iphoto to use it.!

Have you opened your Aperture ibrary with a version of iPhoto that is newer than your Aperture version? The versions of Aperture and iPhoto must be compatible, to be able to use the same photo library with both applications. To use both Aperture and iPhoto on the same library you would need to have iPhoto 9.4.3 and Aperture 3.4.5.

Oct 2, 2013 10:16 AM in response to Frank Caggiano

Yes I am looking to place an image in in an oval mat for now but I still can't tell if I have level=test in either iphoto or aperture & by the way I don't know about other people but since I have aperture I've had more trouble than what it's worth.

Then my mac keeps dropping my internet connection while I am working on it I've had to repair/rebuild my aperture library more times than I can count.!! No matter how many times I called tech support it only is a temporary fix then goes right back to dropping my connection no matter what I am working in.!!!

Oct 2, 2013 10:50 AM in response to jcottone45

OK so the oval mat is no problem. Either do it in iPhoto or if you have iPhoto 9.4.3 and Aperture 3.4.5 you can do it in Aperture.

As for your system troubles, I'd advise starting a new tread either here or in the community that fits your system and explain what has been going on. Most Mac/Aperture users run wiht little or no problems so what tou are describing is not normal.

regards

How do I create a cameo effect on certain photos in either iPhoto or aperture?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.