Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 7.0.2 Reminders syncing

Dear Community,

do other people also have trouble with syncing the reminders app via iCloud?

Thanks for any help!

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.2, 32 GB (Black)

Posted on Oct 2, 2013 9:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2013 9:52 AM

I would think that it is quite possible that a small number of people do have difficulty syncing reminders, personally I never have.

9 replies

Oct 2, 2013 12:23 PM in response to Stema001

First check that all your settings are correct, that reminders syncing (calendars on a computer) is checked on all devices (system preferences > iCloud on a mac and settings > iCloud on a iPhone, iPad or iPod).

Make sure the reminders you are adding are added to your 'iCloud' account and not an 'On My Mac', 'On My Phone' or other non iCloud account (you can do this by checking in accounts on an iOS device by tapping the icon with three lines in the top left corner of the screen, or the right side panel by clicking on the small triangle to the right of the word 'Reminders' in iCal on a computer), non iCloud reminders will not sync.

If you are sure that everything is set up correctly and your reminders are in the iCloud group, you might try unchecking reminders syncing (calendars syncing on a computer) in the iCloud settings, restarting your device and then re-enabling reminders syncing.

Oct 3, 2013 1:42 PM in response to Winston Churchill

I have to jump in and state my case, as well. The very reason I'm seeing this post is due to Reminders sync issues.

I also have latency in or lack of full syncing within Reminders across multiple iOS 7 devices and Macs, all in iCloud (although there is one category for my office Exchange account, but not the problem here). A task, that shows on all 3 devices, I can mark completed on my iPhone; however, it does not show as completed on my iPad, even several hours after I've marked the task and with Reminders opened for several minutes (5-10). Other times, it will show as completed only to later return as not completed on another device.

All quite strange and disconcerting. I've reset all 3 devices (iPhone 5, iPad 3, MacBook Pro 2011) but still have these issues. Add to this the sporadic nature of the occurences, and it seems hard to pinpoint where the problem originates and/or which device usually has the issue.

Note screen shots included of iPad and iPhone Reminders taken at same time:

User uploaded file User uploaded file

iOS 7.0.2 Reminders syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.