Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

?How do I change the format of my pages d?ocument

I am trying to uplaod my resume and it is saying the document isnt a right format (.doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, .txt). I have no clue how to change the format . I go to my documents and the other documents say "txt" or "doc" over it, but the one file I need to upload is just blank.

This is a pic of the folder with some of the documents .. See how the file highlighted doesnt indicate anything on it like the other files??
User uploaded file

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Oct 2, 2013 9:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2013 11:50 AM

Soak,

The document format for your original document can be changed to one of the other formats by Exporting, it after you save it as a Pages file for safe-keeping. You can do this from the File > Export menu or the Share menu.

Jerry

2 replies

Oct 2, 2013 12:08 PM in response to Soakinwet

Hi 'wet,

Two separate issues here:

1. No visible extension on the filename:
    - Click on the icon to select the file.
    - Press command-I (eye, not one) to Get Info
    - Uncheck the box labeled "Hide Extension"
    User uploaded file
  2. Changing the document format:
    - Open the document in Pages.
    - Go File (menu) > Export > PDF
    User uploaded file
    OR
    - Press command-P to open the Print dialogue
    - Click PDF (lower left corner of dialogue box) and choose Save as PDF
    User uploaded file
    Either option will save a copy of the file in PDF format, one of the formats acceptable to monster.com.

Note that I have recommended PDF over Word (.doc, .docx) format. Trasnlation to PDF will often provide a better result in terms of retaining the format of your document. If you choose to export to Word format, please examine the result when the file is opened in MS Word before posting it to monster.com.

Regards,

Barry

?How do I change the format of my pages d?ocument

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.