Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bug fix for Mac book wireless - problem solved!

Aparantly there is a rather large number of folks out there who've discovered this dillema with wireless not working very well at this point on the Macbook.

Well, I can attest there is one very good solution out there for this issue. This application called Sonar Theater from www.sunray.tv includes a bug fix for the wireless connection issues with Macbook in their latest 1.5 release of Sonar Theater.

I downloaded it, put it into my start up folder and waalaa! problem solved. I've haven't any more issues with dropped wireless since - it's been running constantly for over 2 weeks now.

I haven't even attempted to touch my router configuration - don't need to.

mac book 1g, Mac OS X (10.4.6)

Posted on Jun 28, 2006 8:18 PM

13 replies

Jun 28, 2006 9:11 PM in response to bob bobert

Aparantly there is a rather large number of folks out
there who've discovered this dillema with wireless
not working very well at this point on the Macbook.

Well, I can attest there is one very good solution
out there for this issue. This application called
Sonar Theater from www.sunray.tv includes a bug fix
for the wireless connection issues with Macbook in
their latest 1.5 release of Sonar Theater.

I downloaded it, put it into my start up folder and
waalaa! problem solved. I've haven't any more
issues with dropped wireless since - it's been
running constantly for over 2 weeks now.

I haven't even attempted to touch my router
configuration - don't need to.

Hey Macadellic,

I am a first time Mac user and not very up to speed on Mac. I bought this Mac book several weeks ago and I was having all kinds of problems with dropped wireless on my wireless settings. I think it was dropping wireless connections every 2-3 minutes. I downloaded the Sonar Theater application you suggested and I got it to install right away. Can't believe Mac's install programs so easily. Your right, they've included some kind of fix because I haven't had any problems since. been running it for about 2 hours now. No drops.

Hey, how did you say you get this application to stay in the start up directory? I know how to do that on my PC but not sure how to do it on a Mac?

pls help - newby boy.

Will

Jun 28, 2006 9:45 PM in response to bob bobert

Welcome to the better life of Macs. I am using Sonar Theater too and it's been working very well for me. In fact, I'm getting hooked on just texting a message to my Mac book to fire up user sessions now. I think if you give the Mac Book some time however, you'll find that there really is no comparison to PC's. Your life overall is going to just keep getting better as you dig in to the resources available to new Mac users.

I'm sure it seems confusing to PC users at first, but here's how to set up any application as part of your startup sequence. It really is extremely easy and simple compared to the PC world. Oh and by the way, in reality, Mac users refer to this as your login sequence. So, at login time, you can do a multitude of different things for each user account you might want to set up. Naturally, you can choose to share or not share applications and data between these user accounts on your Mac too....

----------------------------------------------------
Mac OS X 10.3 or later

1. Log in as the user who wishes to have a login item or as an admin user.
2. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
3. Choose Accounts from the View menu.
4. Click the name of the user.
5. Click the Startup Items button
6. Click the "Add {+}" button.

The item you selected will automatically open the next time you log in.

----------------------------------------------------------

there are several ways to get good info from the apple community on tips and tricks as well. you should just try the apple os x web site...here,

http://www.apple.com/macosx/resources/

happy mac-ing!

Jun 29, 2006 3:11 PM in response to planetmarce

I tried to find the information from the sites, but what they give is very limited and more to their programs can do, not what that program can fix. Too bad they don't give the trial version to test.

It is up to you to buy it or not, if you desperate enough and all last resort been done and still having problem, maybe this is the cure for you, but my suggestion is better wait and and read some more thread that give you more constructive input and fix by using method that is proven.

If it is really a major problem widespread on MacBook, I hope and sure that apple will release the fix a.s.a.p.
And try to update to 10.4.7 if you haven't done that, for I read thread that it solved compatibility for certain programs or third party device.

Could be your MAcBook airport is not having problem but the setting in between WAP and your MAcBook that need to be tweak.

Good Luck.

Jun 30, 2006 11:38 AM in response to BRiPod

Excuse me mr BR-iPod? (That was a very suttle jab if you didn't quite get it!) Is that the kind of thanks you give for helping solve your problems?? Well pardon my help, I'll just have to leave you all to your own devices then. If it isn't from Mac it's not good enough? You know if this were a Linux forum you'd all be jumping for joy by now. And by the way, how much have you spent so far on that MacBook, iPod, iWork, i-whatever? You know, you yanks really are a very paranoid bunch.

And for what it's worth, Will and Joe, your very welcome.

Looks like the colonists are no longer very adventurous...come Mum, raise up the Union Jack and lets go home.

I guess I'll just go back to my Linux roots...where the new adventurers seem just a little more gracious 🙂

Jun 30, 2006 1:23 PM in response to bob bobert

Macadellic-
At first I was little skeptical that you might be working for that company trying to get us to download you cheesy little application. Based on your defensiveness, you proved to me that you are. I think most people on here would like to solve their problems without having to spend $30 on a third party novelty application. You're right, I did spend a lot of money on my hardware, it should work properly without the use of Sonar Theatre or any other 3rd party app. As far as being a paranoid American, I would say I'm more cautious of people trying to sell me something I don't need. I don't know if that has anything to do with being a "Yank" as you put it, but if it does, then God bless America! Good day sir.

Jun 30, 2006 5:57 PM in response to Michael Tirta

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the input. I'm not that desperate enough to try this application. There are other alternative solutions out there and perhaps will just wait for Apple to come up with a fix.

I have updated to 10.4.7. My connection though still not that stable became a lot better. I get lesser disconnection and I connect easily when my mac goes to sleep. This is not the case before the update. It's a lot acceptable now. So far the only problem I have with my mac is this. Thank heavens!

Cheers.

Macbook black Mac OS X (10.4.7)

Bug fix for Mac book wireless - problem solved!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.