Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud problems with emails

Since about the 27th September I am not getting the emails I should be getting, very frustrated with the help from iOS senior advisors...

Emails not getting bounced back.

No emails in Junk folder.

About 5% getting in?

What is going on?

My Brother is having the same problems is it just us?

Seems technical are too busy sorting out too many problems. Trying to run a business and days without emails is a real problem. REALLY sad at the service from apple.

WAS a big fan I started with apple from my early days of print they were better when they were smaller.

Paul

imac/powerbook

Posted on Oct 2, 2013 11:19 AM

5 replies

Oct 2, 2013 11:29 AM in response to paulwightmac

By any chance, is your brother using the same icloud account as you?

If yes, that is probably your issue. multiple users should not be sharing an icloud account, otherwise all the data will be shared and edited.

If this is not the case, then I can't think of some other issue affecting you. Be aware that iOS 7 was just released and Apple is now dealing with many issues that new users are having.

Oct 3, 2013 2:23 AM in response to pvonk

We are using separate accounts just the problem started on the same day.

Originally thought it was a work broadband issue as we work together. As it was friday we left it alone but over the weekend when we were on seperate home broadband and different cellular networks we found it must be a cloud problem....we seem to be in a VERY long list of people that apple are SLOWLY working through.

Oct 3, 2013 2:36 AM in response to paulwightmac

May I just offer you something to think about? iCloud is positioned as a single-user syncing and email service for personal use: it's not aimed at business users. It has no guaranteed uptime and no telephone support unless you have AppleCare - and as you've discovered its support could not be described as highly responsive.

Also, by giving out an @icloud.com or @me.com address to your customers indicates that you are using a free service, not a business one, which isn't perhaps an encouragement.

If I were running a business, I would want to use a proper business service with full and quick support; and I would obtain my own domain name and use that for my emails (I already do this for personal emails) - the latter isn't at all expensive, and the cost of a business service can be set against the loss of income when your email service doesn't work.

If you feel you prefer to use iCloud then of course that's your decision: I just offer this as a viewpoint you might consider.

Oct 3, 2013 2:50 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Ok thank you for that, what is the best sytem that will sync with my laptop and phone, I used mobile me as it seemed a simple way to do it. I have a registered domain and emails for the company but forwarded all the emails to the mac account.

Unfortunately people see the sent address as @icloud and return to that.

I agree I need to change back to BT but we have loads of company email addresses and when I talked to BT they can do a similar thing but charge per person on the domain so I will pay for lots of people at work who do not need the syncing system when it is only my brother and I that do.

Love the syncing when it works!

Regards

Paul

Oct 3, 2013 2:54 AM in response to paulwightmac

Any IMAP service will sync email between devices (since the messages live on the server). There's nothing to stop you using iCloud to sync calendars and contacts etc., and just use a different service for email.

I can't advise on specific services - you should choose one located in your country (I assume the UK). But as you say you already have a registered domain you should be able to find a service which will enable you to use that, though it might involve moving the domain to them. The key is to have an IMAP server (and business-level support).

iCloud problems with emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.