Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Constant Double Mouse Clicks since 10.8.5 Upgrade

I upgraded both my 27" iMacs to 10.8.5 last week. Ever since the upgrade I get the same sysmptoms on both machines.

While you are trying to select a file it opens. Delete an email it deletes multiple emails. Close a browser tab it closes 2 or 3.

It is caused by the mouse and trackpad Double clicking when you only single click

One macine is using a Logitech Performance MX Mouse (with no Logitech drivers) and the other machine is on a Microsoft Wireless Arc mouse.

They both have Apple Magic trackpads. I get double clicks 30 to 40% of the time from both mice, and about 20% of the time from the trackpads.

The Logitech mouse works perfrctly on another Mac with 10.8.4 and I have been using these 2 machines with the same mice and trackpads for more than 2 years.

I have searched the forumns and have tried most of the usual remedies, like repair permissions, run Clean My Mac. did an SMC reset

Anyone else having these same symptoms?

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Oct 2, 2013 12:02 PM

2 replies

Jan 8, 2014 2:07 PM in response to ST666

I started having this problem where my magic mouse and my trackpad would double click instead of single click in some apps. I found that it was because I had left the write anywhere option in Ink on after using my digital drawing tablet. I turned off write anywhere in Ink and then it worked again. Ink shows up in Preferences when you have a digital tablet attached. The problem occurs when "Handwriting recognition is:" is set to on and "Allow me to Ink in any application" is checked.

To recap:

Go to Ink in preferences.

Make sure that "Allow me to Ink in any application" is unchecked or just turn "Handwriting recognition is:" off

Constant Double Mouse Clicks since 10.8.5 Upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.