Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS7 On-the-go playlist add album

I create and edit playlists on my iPhone all of the time. When editing a playlist in iOS 6, one could add an entire album at once by clicking on the plus ➕ button next to the album art. In iOS 7. the plus ➕ button next to the album art is missing. Instead, I have to add each song to the playlist individually. Will this "add all songs" option be added back to iOS 7 soon?

iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 2, 2013 12:51 PM

14 replies

Feb 16, 2014 12:43 PM in response to CellJeffe

What is even more infuriating is this from iPhone 5s "tips":

Create playlists

In the Music app, tap Playlists, then tap Add Playlist and give it a name. Now tap any song or video to add it to the playlist. You can add individual songs, entire albums, or all songs by an artist.

Well, yes, IF YOU ADD THEM ONE SONG AT A TIME!!! Apple are you just lying liars, or did your "tips" writer not have a clue?

Mar 21, 2014 3:04 PM in response to CellJeffe

Close, but no cigar. You still can't select an artist and then select an album to add the whole album to a playlist! You can only add an album from the albums list. My music consists of only around 50 artists, but I have over 300 albums. Who wants to scroll through 300+ albums that aren't sorted in any meaningful order (genre, artist, etc) to select tracks that way? I just want to be able to select an artist and then select an album by that artist to my playlist without having to select every individual track. This functionality existed before and was taken away. Also, when you select an artist it is now sorted by newest date first, stupid! They should be sorted in chronological order (or there should be a setting to choose a preference) and you still have to scroll through all the songs of an album to get to the next album. For example, I have an artist with 13 albums. I have to scroll through 11 albums of songs if I want to add the 12th album and then I still have to add every song individually, EPIC FAIL!!

Mar 21, 2014 3:14 PM in response to landonfoot

I guess, the only thing that I could think of would be that you pull down and search for the artist that you are interested in. In the search results for that artist, the albums will be listed, and you can tap on each album that you want, pull down, and then choose to add that album to your playlist. I know it won't be as quick as if you could just sort through your artists, but if you have an idea of the artists that you want, then it at least is a start.

Mar 21, 2014 3:38 PM in response to CellJeffe

Thanks toolsoldier. That works, but unfortunately I'm a bit more spontaneous as I'm selecting artists that I'm in the mood for. I generally just like to scroll through the list and select whatever strikes me at that moment.

Seems like they are listening, but why add the new option to add all of an artist's songs, all individual genre songs, or album from the album list, but no option to add an album at the artist level?. Seems like this would be the most commonly used one when creating a playlist. Apple, just put the little + option next to the album like it used to be. I can live with the other two annoyances, but as someone who changes playlists frequently, this has irked me ever since 7.0 was released.

iOS7 On-the-go playlist add album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.