Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old iCloud ID stuck on iPhone, forgot password, I can't change or delete account

Here's my situation:

I have an iPhone 4S

The iCloud account on the phone is an old Apple ID

I don't know the password

The email is no longer supported or reachable

I must have entered the wrong birthdate because I can't access the security questions

I can't delete the iCloud account fro the phone because Find iPhone is ON

Find iPhone can't be turned off w/o the password to the old iCloud ID

I have a current Apple ID that is set up to all other aspects of my Computer and iPhone

The iCloud on my computer is under the new ID

How can I remove the old iCloud from my phone and change to the new one?

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 2, 2013 12:33 PM

32 replies

Dec 16, 2017 1:47 PM in response to Winston Churchill

Winston Churchill,

I have an Iphone 4s 16g which I bought LEGALLY at an Auction of a "Storage container" (I buy Storages, and Have Documents to prove the prior occupant Forfeits its contents, upon 3 Past due unpaid months... At auction Everything is Itemized and Logged (By The Storage management) When I buy it I am Recited and legally the contents becomes mine... (I am not going to call you names) I promise.... The Id is in the form of an email address at AOL, but is not mine and yes "Find Phone is on"... It is Doubtful there is any such report of this phone being reported stolen as the Name on the Storage Matches the Name on the Aol email (the E-mail is ******@aol.com and the Storage originally was rented to a Bonnie Mullen) so I think I infact have a Legal Phone... (Another words I didn't purchase a person's Storage who stole phones) I don't wish to contact Bonnie, but I guess I can if I have to, but I only see this as "Leading to problems" with the Original Owner (besides there is a DO NOT CONTACT Stamp on the document)... (Please realize not every phone that has this Stuck iCloud ID is Not Stolen although the original owner may not be all that "Fine" with their property being sold, however when they rented the unit they signed a document (I have) stating if a non payment overdue period of 3 months occurs their property is Auctioned) What is your suggestion for this kind of situation? B

I do have a MacBook Pro (I bought brand New in 2013 and have apple ID) how can I swap the old ID for My Id?

<Email Edited by Host>

Oct 2, 2013 1:30 PM in response to kevowoods

Welcome to the Apple community.

This feature has been introduced to make stolen phones useless to those that have stolen them.

However it can also arise when the user has changed their Apple ID details with Apple and not made the same changes to their iCloud account/Find My Phone on their device before upgrading to iOS 7.

The only solution is to change your Apple ID back to its previous state with Apple at My Apple ID, verify the changes, enter the password as requested on your device and then turn off "find my phone".

You should then change your Apple ID back to its current state, verify it once again, delete the iCloud account from your device and then log back in using your current Apple ID. Finally, turn "find my phone" back on once again.

Dec 14, 2015 10:08 AM in response to kevowoods

No, you are absolutely 100% WRONG! Did you not read his problem? You said...

"The only solution is to change your Apple ID back to its previous state with Apple at My Apple ID, verify the changes, enter the password as requested on your device and then turn off "find my phone".

When you go to My Apple ID

https://appleid.apple.com/account/manage

and change emails, it tells you to go check that old email and enter the verification code. The problem is that the email where the verification code is sent to is no longer a valid email. I just tried to follow you instructions. You are wrong. I won't call you names like the other guy but you are wrong. My old email is from an old job that doesn't exist. When apple sends a verification code, it's unreachable. Someone with the correct answer please help.

Dec 14, 2015 11:52 AM in response to DerekCW

I have no doubts at all that it is correct. Indeed once I realised how many people it had helped I made a copy and paste version and started keeping records of when it did help people. Not including the times before creating the copy and paste version it has now been awarded the status of 'This solved my problem' 34 times. Taking into account the times before I started keeping a record and the ratio of answers (that I also keep records of) that received a solved status to those who simply say thanks that worked, I estimate it has solved people's problems at least 200 times. The last time it solved someone's problem was November 7.

If it doesn't work for you, then the address that populates the iCloud login wasn't originally yours and you were either mistaken, bought a found or stolen phone or found or stole the phone yourself.

I won't be stopping posting. Get over it.

Old iCloud ID stuck on iPhone, forgot password, I can't change or delete account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.