Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what if im trying to back my ipod up to icloud before service but the charger port is damaged so it flashes between charging and not charging while im trying to back it up?

what if im trying to back my ipod up to icloud before service but the charger port is damaged so it flashes between charging and not charging while im trying to back it up? i dont know if it will even work to back up if its not consistently charging. it also wont be recognized by itunes because of the charging port issue. i even bought icloud storage space. does this mean if i get a new ipod i will have to lose all my recent pictures, documents, music, etc.?

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Oct 2, 2013 3:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2013 3:10 PM

Welcome to the Apple community.

If you are using iCloud, your recent pictures and your documents will repopulate your new device once you log into your iCloud account on that device.

Older pictures in photo stream and photos on your camera roll that are not in photo stream Will not be transferred by iCloud. You should move any photos from your camera roll that you wish to save into photo stream and any older photo stream photos into photo stream shared albums.

Music you have purchased through iTunes can be re-downloaded on your new device once you have logged into your iTunes account.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2013 3:10 PM in response to wetfood00

Welcome to the Apple community.

If you are using iCloud, your recent pictures and your documents will repopulate your new device once you log into your iCloud account on that device.

Older pictures in photo stream and photos on your camera roll that are not in photo stream Will not be transferred by iCloud. You should move any photos from your camera roll that you wish to save into photo stream and any older photo stream photos into photo stream shared albums.

Music you have purchased through iTunes can be re-downloaded on your new device once you have logged into your iTunes account.

what if im trying to back my ipod up to icloud before service but the charger port is damaged so it flashes between charging and not charging while im trying to back it up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.