Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Late 2012 Mac Mini Artifacts

Hello,

My late 2012 Mac Mini has been spontaneously freezing for roughly the past week. The instant it freezes odd artifacts show up on the screen. It all appears to be random, with a touch of bias towards times when safari is running. I do not know what would be causing the issue, no modifications have been made to the Mac in that time period (or since it was first purchased).

Maybe its a software crash that started with an upgrade?

Chuck

Mac mini (Late 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Oct 2, 2013 4:53 PM

3 replies

Oct 2, 2013 4:57 PM in response to chuckeerickson

do an SMC (disconnect the computer from electricity for about 15 - 20 seconds) reset, PRAM reset (once plugged in, turn the computer on and immidiately hold cmd opt P and R until you hear 2 bootup chimes), and make sure you have all of your updates...

for a hardware check, boot the computer holding down the D key, that will perform a Hardware Test.

Oct 5, 2013 4:39 PM in response to carpetbeatle

Completed - "do an SMC (disconnect the computer from electricity for about 15 - 20 seconds) reset, PRAM reset (once plugged in, turn the computer on and immidiately hold cmd opt P and R until you hear 2 bootup chimes), and make sure you have all of your updates...

for a hardware check, boot the computer holding down the D key, that will perform a Hardware Test."

No errors noted by the Hardware Test. However I was not able to complete the long test due to the error killing it. See attached photo of error occuring even in Hardware Test.

Anyone else have an idea?

User uploaded file

Late 2012 Mac Mini Artifacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.