Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help! My computer has gone crazy!!

I just restarted my computer after it froze, and now, after logging back in, it seems to have erased all my settings and deleted all my aliases. For example, the background picture is back to the nondescript blue, and the way I had the touchpad set has been reset. It has, however, seemed to have left my documents, pictures etc. alone. Is there any way to get it back to the way it was, or do I have to do it all over again?

Powerbook G4, Mac OS X (10.4.4)

Posted on Jun 28, 2006 10:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2006 1:12 AM

Hello Birray,

There is no magic undo button for changes to the background, mouse, and other such preference items.

Most likely a preference file that stored that information got corrupted or deleted somehow.

You will need to reset those types of items manually in each of the preference panels. Fortunately, that is pretty simple and pretty quick.

Go to the  Menu

Then, System Preferences

And then "Desktop and Screen Saver"

or, "Keyboard and Mouse"

To change those items.

Hope this helps.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2006 1:12 AM in response to Birray

Hello Birray,

There is no magic undo button for changes to the background, mouse, and other such preference items.

Most likely a preference file that stored that information got corrupted or deleted somehow.

You will need to reset those types of items manually in each of the preference panels. Fortunately, that is pretty simple and pretty quick.

Go to the  Menu

Then, System Preferences

And then "Desktop and Screen Saver"

or, "Keyboard and Mouse"

To change those items.

Hope this helps.

Help! My computer has gone crazy!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.