Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a MacBook OS X. A Force Quit Application box keeps popping up. Says your mac start up disk has no more space available for application memory. It lists mail safari and finder to force quit. I have done this and the box keeps coming anyway.

Any suggestions on my problem of the Force Quit Application box keeps popping up. Says my start up disk has no more room for applications. Lists mail, safari and finder. I have quit these and the box still comes up ... any help would be greatly appreciated. This problem showed up after I restored files from cabonite back up.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 2, 2013 5:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2013 5:53 PM

Control click the MacintoshHD icon on your desktop then click Get Info.

You'll see: Available and Capacity in the Get Info panel.

You need at least 15% available disk space.

Seven ways to free up drive space | Macworld

6 replies

Oct 2, 2013 5:55 PM in response to Jo ann from maine

You are getting this message because your Hard Drive is full, you need to clear out some space by getting rid of things you don't need, or backing up things you do need and using the backup to store them instead. Or, you need to replace the Hard Drive with a bigger drive and more storage. You can check to see how much space you have left if you click on the Apple in the upper right hand corner, and clicking on "About this Mac", then when that pops up, clicking on "more info" and then click on Storage at the top section of that window and you'll see what is used on your hard drive for what, and it will let you know how much more space you have.

Oct 2, 2013 6:18 PM in response to Jo ann from maine

When I tested Carbonite, I created a small test copy of my Aperture library. After it was backed up I delete it and then restored it. What I got back from Carbonite was totally unusable by Aperture. The really sad thing is that every online backup system that I was able to get a demo copy for test did the same thing. After those test I completely gave up on any online backup systems. What good are they if they can't restore your data in a usuable format.

Allan

I have a MacBook OS X. A Force Quit Application box keeps popping up. Says your mac start up disk has no more space available for application memory. It lists mail safari and finder to force quit. I have done this and the box keeps coming anyway.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.