Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 (iOS7) and iCal won't sync

I just tried syncing my iPhone 5 to my computer for the first time since the iOS 7 update, and I can't get the calendars from iCal to sync. The calendar items on my computer moved over and duplicated to my phone, but my computer calendars received no updates at all. iTunes says all is synced, but I can't quite agree.

I'm also seeing my contacts in Address Book have not updated in the sync attempt.

My MacBook Pro is on the older side, so it's only updated to Snow Leopard. Hoping this isn't going to be a major issue and Apple will issue a bug fix soon.

Anyone else in the same situation or have an idea of how to fix it?

Posted on Oct 2, 2013 6:02 PM

8 replies

Oct 31, 2013 6:17 AM in response to bubhub13

My calendars were not syncing correctly to my mobile devices since I updated to IOS 7. Eventually I discovered that, while my desktop had me logged into iCloud as myname@me.com, my iPad and iPhone had me logged in as myname@mac.com. I deleted that iCloud account from both devices and re-logged in so that all three were identical and everything synced perfectly. Good luck.

Dec 27, 2013 5:41 PM in response to bubhub13

I know that iCloud would solve the problem, but I don't want my contacts and calendars fly all over Internet so I don't want to use iCloud for that. Before iOS7 the Summory tab in iTunes for iPhone had a coulpe checkboxs to sync all of these while syncing iPhone and now they all gone.

How I can sync my calendars and contacts WITHOUT iCloud? This is the real question. Any ideas?

iPhone 5 (iOS7) and iCal won't sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.