Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since i have updated to IOS 7 i dont get my text messages from other iPhone users. The phone seems to be locked in iMessage mode even when its turned off. I get text going straight to my email or not coming through at all?

Since I have updated to IOS 7 I dont get my text messages from other iPhone users. The phone seems to be locked in iMessage mode even when its turned off. I get text going straight to my email or not coming through at all. What may be the cause of this?

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1, Wi-fi at home.

Posted on Oct 2, 2013 6:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2013 6:16 PM

tumuch73 wrote:

Since I have updated to IOS 7 I dont get my text messages from other iPhone users.

Try logging out of iMessage and FaceTime, then log back into both.

tumuch73 wrote:

I get text going straight to my email or not coming through at all. What may be the cause of this?

To my knowledge, text messages to an iPhone can't be forwarded to e-mail, unless there's a 3rd party app involved. But if you're not getting them at all I suspect that it is an account issue that may be resolved by logging out/in and verifying your contact information.

However, there is a known issue with iMessage that is affecting a small percentage of users, so that could be the cause and word is that this is being addressed.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2013 6:16 PM in response to tumuch73

tumuch73 wrote:

Since I have updated to IOS 7 I dont get my text messages from other iPhone users.

Try logging out of iMessage and FaceTime, then log back into both.

tumuch73 wrote:

I get text going straight to my email or not coming through at all. What may be the cause of this?

To my knowledge, text messages to an iPhone can't be forwarded to e-mail, unless there's a 3rd party app involved. But if you're not getting them at all I suspect that it is an account issue that may be resolved by logging out/in and verifying your contact information.

However, there is a known issue with iMessage that is affecting a small percentage of users, so that could be the cause and word is that this is being addressed.

Since i have updated to IOS 7 i dont get my text messages from other iPhone users. The phone seems to be locked in iMessage mode even when its turned off. I get text going straight to my email or not coming through at all?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.