Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I restore *only* contacts to iPhone 4 via iTunes?

I have backed up my iPhone 4 (OS 5.1.1) to iTunes (11.1). Yesterday the iPhone crashed and I lost all my contacts so I went back to iTunes to "restore".

However, when I did this, it restored *everything*, including messages and photos - which means that I lost all the photos I had taken since the last backup. Hence, "restore" wipes the current memory and completely replaces it with the backed-up data.

How do I tell iTunes / iPhone 4 to restore *only* my contacts?

thanks

Posted on Oct 2, 2013 6:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2013 7:00 PM

You cannot choose.

All or nothing.

You should be syncing your contacts to your computer regularly. Just sync them back.

3 replies

Sep 30, 2014 2:10 AM in response to glankrudolph

I guess this is what you could do if someone you know could recover iPhone contacts:-

1. Get an iPhone and take a backup of the same on your system - use iTunes to do that;

2. Now (this is really critical and follow it at your own risk) log into your iCloud account on the phone and restore that phone while pointing to the iCloud backup. In this was you will have all of the iCloud data in that phone;

3. Now use another computer (or at least another user account on the same computer) to take a backup of the phone with your data - don't use the same account as everytime iTunes takes a backup of your phone, it overwrites the previous one. So you risk a chance of loosing the data which originally came with the phone;

4. Get an iPhone Data Recovery software and install it on the computer which has your data backed up.

I hope this will help you!

Recovering iCloud contacts, calendars, and bookmarks from an iTunes backup of an iOS device

how do I restore *only* contacts to iPhone 4 via iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.