Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Plus DRM-Free for older tracks

I purchased a lot of music before iTunes plus became the standard format. I tried to delete my older music and redownload through iTunes in the Cloud, but it still contains the DRM. Is there any way to change this? Is it too late to upgrade the tracks I paid for to DRM-free m4a's?

Thanks!

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Oct 2, 2013 6:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2013 7:14 PM

Is it too late to upgrade the tracks I paid for to DRM-free m4a's?

TyLaw,

Apple formerly ran a program that allowed you to replace DRM songs with non-DRM versions for 30 cents apiece. That program was discontinued by Apple last year.

You can still upgrade now, but it requires subscribing to iTunes Match and following the instructions by which to delete your DRM copy and download the non-DRM matched copy. See the section "Can I upgrade my previously purchased music to iTunes Plus?" in this guide: iTunes Store: iTunes Plus Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2013 7:14 PM in response to TyLaw

Is it too late to upgrade the tracks I paid for to DRM-free m4a's?

TyLaw,

Apple formerly ran a program that allowed you to replace DRM songs with non-DRM versions for 30 cents apiece. That program was discontinued by Apple last year.

You can still upgrade now, but it requires subscribing to iTunes Match and following the instructions by which to delete your DRM copy and download the non-DRM matched copy. See the section "Can I upgrade my previously purchased music to iTunes Plus?" in this guide: iTunes Store: iTunes Plus Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

iTunes Plus DRM-Free for older tracks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.