Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time stamps on voice memos ios 7

How to view time stamps on voice memos app ios 7? I have hundreds of memos that used to show the time of day on them which I used as a means to track my work hours. Now with ios 7 it's just shows the length time for the memo, not the time of day??!!

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Oct 2, 2013 7:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2013 7:15 AM

Have you found any resoultuion for this? I too have the same problem.

5 replies

Oct 11, 2013 5:26 AM in response to hippt

No, your the 1st response. The only thing I know at this point is that I knew that the old memo files from before the upgrade to ios 7 were all saved under names based upon time and dates. In other words, when you finished your memo (and if you didn't go in and edit it and save it under some specific name) the app would save the file/memo under what looks like just a bunch of random numbers. However, those random numbers are actually the date and time the memo was created. The time is in 24 hour format.

With that said, I emailed myself one of the old memos and it comes through under the old file name still, so you can figure out the times that way. Just transfer any or all the old emails to your computer by email or directly to your computer, and you can figure out their times by the files names that show up. Not an easy solution and it's a pain in the ***, but at least you can get your times back some way!

Just another example of making changes when their not necessary, or making a lot changes without considering or testing all of the impacts they may have. sick and tired of having to correct, solve, or relearn everything every time a company wants to make changes! Windows 8 is a perfect example, it *****. Make your improvements but leave the overall systems alone!

One last note, with respect to using the new Voice Memos the way I used to use the old one. The only way I can think of doing it is to name each memo manually with the time of day. Kind of a pain again since the old memos used to do it automatically, but at least now you can put a job name on it while you are doing that. Helps to organize things a bit, especially when you fall behind on transferring your times to what ever final system you use ( I use excel). Still can't understand why Apple would automatically stamp the new memos with the length of time the memos are, rather than the time of day they were created. The length of the memo in my option is useless info!

Oct 11, 2013 5:31 AM in response to Waldo49

Just a correction to my poor grammar and spelling above. I said to transfer all your old emails by email or directly to your computer. I meant to say transfer all your old voice memos by email or directly. Not going to bother correcting all the other grammar errors! My fingers are way too big for these small phones!!!

Jun 30, 2015 3:06 PM in response to Waldo49

I have the same problem.

Not only are the file names for voice memos in the new OS useless, but when the files are imported into iTunes the time stamp for the voice memos is not accurate at all. Sometimes it is close to the correct time, but it is usually off by anywhere from five to thirty minutes.

I really irritates me that Apple would let this issue sit for almost two years without doing anything about it or suggesting a fix.

Yet another example of things getting needlessly worse instead of better.

Time stamps on voice memos ios 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.