Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since upgrading to IOS 7 my iPad will only show full screen video in Portrait

Double checked the Lock and button options to confirm they weren't overriding. Any video content I view (YouTube, Facebook, Apps with video content - e.g. Porsche padCinema) when I click on the full screen button option automatically flips to Portrait viewing only. VERY annoying to have all the extra real estate and be watching widescreen content in a letterboxed portrait format. Once it's in that mode clicking on the full screen icon flips between letterboxed widescreen and full screen truncated picture (i.e. you only see a thin vertical slice from the middle of the full video image). I can only imagine that if the same thing haopens on an iPod or iPhone your video is useless at best! Have a hard time believing someone couoldn't have caught that during testing. Now off to figure out how to get back to ios6. Not a happy bear tonight......

iPad 2, iOS 7

Posted on Oct 2, 2013 8:32 PM

1 reply

Since upgrading to IOS 7 my iPad will only show full screen video in Portrait

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.