Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hard drive problems with MBP OSX 10.8.5.

When I was uninstalling windows from my MBP, bootcamp crashed in the middle of uninstalling. Now I am missing half of my HD space. Now weve run Gparted off a flash drive and the hd space is still usable. But whatever weve tried we cant get it for use. Now, I know I should be able to wipe the HD clean completely and put an install disk in, but the problem is the Mac did not come with either. THe recovery partition included on the mac seems to be the thing doing the job, and I wasz able to make a backup of it. So, will that be an option? I put the recovery partiition onto a 16 GB Flash Drive and it boots from it, but I don't wanna do it until I get the ok from the community. XD or if they know a better solution xD.

And yes I did try stretching the partition under partitions in the disk utility, and that did not work.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Oct 3, 2013 4:01 AM

2 replies

Oct 3, 2013 4:11 AM in response to cotonauge

If your USB drive is an installer, you certainly may use that. I have done so myself.

Another option is to boot the MBP using the OPTION COMMAND R keys. This will result in a display showing a spinning globe. After you select your Internet connection, it will download the OS version that came with your MBP. You do need a solid Internet connection for this download.

Ciao.

Note that this is good only if your MBP came with Lion or Mt. Lion as the installed OS.

Message was edited by: OGELTHORPE

Hard drive problems with MBP OSX 10.8.5.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.