Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bluetooth keyboard keeps disconnecting

Since changing the batteries in my wireless bluetooth keyboard. the keyboard keeps randomly dropping the connection, this is most frustrating and wondered if anyone else is experiencing the same issue and what you did to resolve it

Any help greatly appreciated

Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Oct 3, 2013 5:16 AM

7 replies

Oct 4, 2013 4:36 PM in response to Barry Hemphill

I'm having the same problem with my A1016. I love this keyboard - I do not care for the chicklet keyboard.

I had this problem a while back, went through several different discussion boards, reset PRAM, set as favorite, changed batteries, rebooted, etc. - all the easy stuff. Now the behavior has returned. (Also note that I could not reset the PRAM w/a wireless keyboard - I had to dig the old wired one out of the closet).

I've checked next door - there's no microwave running.

I've turned on the RSSI Monitor Connection (ALL: System Preferences>Bluetooth>select item>arrow next to gear in bottom of pane). I see the connection jumping all over from -60 to -46. To be honest, I'm not exactly sure what this is telling me - it looks like connection frequency strength.

So, is there a better way to REALLY address this problem? Something in Terminal? How can we get to the real bottom of this?

The random loss of the keyboard is most annoying - it only happens when I'm on a tight deadline (of course).

Oct 4, 2013 11:39 PM in response to KWTMEDIA

Thanks for your suggestions everyone, tried all the above and nothing resolved.

I returned the keyboard to the apple store and they exchanged as still under warranty, turns out keyboard was faulty, replacement works perfectly, I suppose with everything being micro components it's not impossible for hardware failure to be a fault, tbh never expected just changing battery to cause that though , thank once again

Jan 28, 2016 4:51 AM in response to BloodweiserDK

Thank you for this advice. My fatherinlaw has been having problems for the last month with intermittently losing connection when typing.

we tried resetting the pairing of the keyboard, then discovered this post.

The tin foil as you've described has to be a sizeable lump for it to work.

Cant believe that with all this technology, it comes down to a spring losing its tension!!!

bluetooth keyboard keeps disconnecting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.