Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PC1 / itunes: Homeshare turned on, but ATV3 says it isn't.

PC1 / itunes, Win7 : Homeshare turned on, but ATV3 says it isn't.

PC2 on same network, also running Win7, itunes installed, ATV3 sees the Homesharing from that PC.

Deleted all Apple programs on PC1, rebooted, installed iTunes - situation unchanged.

So, I have 2 PCs on the same network, both Win7 (PC1 is 64 bit, PC2 is 32bit) both using the same up to date iTunes (11.1.0.126), but ATV3 only responds to one of them.

I really need to get PC1 to provide a Homeshaare service. It did do Homesharing prior to the latest update on the ATV3. I have reloaded the software to the ATV3.

Any ideas please???

Posted on Oct 3, 2013 6:04 AM

8 replies

Oct 3, 2013 7:51 AM in response to Vaughanm21

Same issue with my Home Sharing experience. I believe this is a problem related to Windows 7 64-bit running the latest version of iTunes. I have stated in other threads that I have tried to run iTunes in compatibility mode for Win XP service pack 3 in the hope that it would show my library. I have also reset my Apple TV 2 to factory settings to rule out that it was device related. I have also reinstalled iTunes with no results. As I stated in another thread, I will try to disable my Windows Firewall and see if it is network related this evening and report back. I never had any issues with iTunes 10.7 Home Sharing, but of course I had to update to 11.1 to be able to sync my devices running iOS 7.

Oct 3, 2013 8:45 AM in response to ducttape49

Both PCs are hard wired to the same router - which seems to clear the router of guilt.

On PC1, I uninstalled all the Apple apps, and rebooted before reinstalling iTunes from a fresh download.

The only significant difference between them appears to 32bit O/S on PC2, and 64bit O/S on PC1 - so maybe I have to wait for Apple to fix iTunes on 64 bit hardware?

Opinions welcome.

Oct 3, 2013 1:40 PM in response to Vaughanm21

Okay folks am gotta keep this short sorry! I had myself in the same place after just a simple update failed to install properly......

Here's how to fix...... simply uninstall Bonjour, Apple Mobile Devices Support, Apple Application Supportand of courseiTunes after all this has been done head over to App "C:\Users\Stephen\AppData\Local", "C:\ProgramData", "C:\Program Files (x86) & "C:\ProgramData" Delete everything to do with the programs that have been uninstalled but be careful not to delete any iCloud stuff or Safari as its a pain in the arse to go and repair. Just for good measure run a Desktop Cleaner or manually delete your temp folders to help make sure the reinstall is clean as possible.

After All that has been done Restart PC and Download a nice fresh install of iTunes 11.1 and run as normal and all should be good if you need to agree to the terms and conditions again....

Just FYI I found it to be the "iPod Module (64x)" that fail to install correctly with already having a previous version install which seem to create all the problems with the firewall...User uploaded file

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Hope This helped you all.....now go back to your wife before they find someone else while your on here tearing your hair out lol!! 😉

PC1 / itunes: Homeshare turned on, but ATV3 says it isn't.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.