Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Major problems when not on network

Hello All,

We are testing out a Macbook in our Windows environment and are still trying to iron out all of our issues. The biggest problem right now comes when the user disconnects (closes their laptop which puts the comp to sleep, undocks, etc.) from the network. When she disconnects everything that she has open crashes. Adobe InDesign, MS Word/Excel, Adobe Reader, etc. crash and become unusable. In fact, these programs wont even open once she is not on the network. Sometimes they show an error, but they will often just briefly show up on her dock and then disappear.

I was wondering if somehow the computer was pulling access rights off of our ADUC server so I had her disconnect from the internet, logoff, and log back on. She was then able to at least open her programs, but she could not save anything to even her desktop. Word was telling her that it couldn't load VB for Applications and she couldn't even take a screenshot because it said "Your screen shot can't be saved. You don't have permission to save files in the location where screen shots are stored."

It seems to me that her computer has cached her credentials locally, but for some reason cannot resolve access rights (even to the local machine) without being on the network. Does anyone know what is going on here?

Thanks,

Posted on Oct 3, 2013 7:33 AM

There are no replies.

Major problems when not on network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.