Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an iPod 4th generation and was wondering what is the other catagory on the storage on my iPod it takes up a lot of space and I would weed some stuff out if I knew how to get to it to see what is there...

My Daughters iPod is a 4th generation but works great we go on ever so often and remove things she hasn't used in a while to keep a little storage open but lately when we connect it the bar across the bottom of my computer screen that shows how much storage is being used for each catagory shows a huge amount for the other catagory what is this and does anyone know how I can open it to mayme weed some things out?

iPod touch

Posted on Oct 3, 2013 8:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2013 8:28 AM

What is the Other on my iPhone and How to Remove It

Also

"First you go settings/general/usage/music/then left swipe over music and press delete and you would think it deletes your music but it doesn't instead it deletes your other but make sure your ipod is connected to a computer while doing this"

as recommended by:

How do I get rid of "other" storage: Apple Support Communities

Next, usually restoring from backup eliminated the corrupted files. However, sometimes restoring to factory settings/new iPod is required.

To restore from backup see:

iOS: How to back up

To restore to factory settings/new iPod see:

iTunes: Restoring iOS software

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2013 8:28 AM in response to kaghamah

What is the Other on my iPhone and How to Remove It

Also

"First you go settings/general/usage/music/then left swipe over music and press delete and you would think it deletes your music but it doesn't instead it deletes your other but make sure your ipod is connected to a computer while doing this"

as recommended by:

How do I get rid of "other" storage: Apple Support Communities

Next, usually restoring from backup eliminated the corrupted files. However, sometimes restoring to factory settings/new iPod is required.

To restore from backup see:

iOS: How to back up

To restore to factory settings/new iPod see:

iTunes: Restoring iOS software

I have an iPod 4th generation and was wondering what is the other catagory on the storage on my iPod it takes up a lot of space and I would weed some stuff out if I knew how to get to it to see what is there...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.