Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5S full price from virgin Mobile can be used on GSM Networks?

Will the Virgin Mobile Full price A1533 (CDMA), work with other GMS Carriers (I`m from Brazil)?

I assumed that the A1533 CDMA Model have a gsm module and this is unlocked/unlockable, and the virgin mobile communit website says that you can unlock those:

https://community.virginmobile.com.au/t5/Phones-knowledge-base/How-do-I-unlock-m y-Apple-iPhone/ta-p/80

Thanks!

iPhone 5s

Posted on Oct 3, 2013 8:02 AM

1 reply

Jul 5, 2014 7:14 PM in response to Vellex

I'm currently a VirginMobile USA customer. There are many Virgin Mobile providers in different countries all with different policies as far as unlocking goes. The link you posted is for VirginMobile Australia (which uses a GSM-type service) and they unlock their phones unlike VirginMobile USA (which uses a CDMA-type service)

May I ask, were you going to buy an iPhone 5S from VirginMobile and if so from which country?

Even though the 4S has a GSM module, it is useless if it's bought from Sprint or VirginMobile (carriers in the US). These companies will not unlock the 4S, and although it can be done in other ways, it is not considered legal.

Iphone 5S full price from virgin Mobile can be used on GSM Networks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.