Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

Yahoo messenger 3 beta with web cam support

2669 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 20, 2006 12:01 PM by Denim Mcdemus RSS
Defcom(UK) Level 6 Level 6 (15,310 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Jun 29, 2006 5:59 AM
iMacG5 20" , iBookG4 12" , iSight, Mac OS X (10.4.6), Netgear DG834GT, UKonline22 (11Mbps down 695Kbps up)
  • Rj in WI Level 6 Level 6 (8,030 points)
    Jun 29, 2006 12:41 PM (in response to Defcom(UK))
    Thanks for letting us know Tony!
    Power Mac G5 2Ghz 4.5G RAM & Powerbook G4 1.67 Ghz 1G RAM, Mac OS X (10.4.6), Help your fellow posters by marking EACH POST as "Helpful" or "Solved"
  • Furi0us.Bee Level 2 Level 2 (400 points)
    Jul 8, 2006 3:36 PM (in response to Rj in WI)
    Do i have to open any of my firewall ports on my Mac to use Messenger 3?

Bryan
    Mac mini 1.66GHz (Core Duo)  10.4.6  2GB RAM  120GB HDD  AEBS/AX  20" ACD
  • KarenW Calculating status...
    Jul 10, 2006 11:57 PM (in response to Furi0us.Bee)
    This is so great! I have been waiting for a Yahoo messenger update for macs forever! It is not clear whether or not this new version has pc-to-pc calling. I do not see the phone symbol (like the windows version has) that you use to make a call to another user. Can anyone comment? thanks a lot!

Karen
    Powermac G5 Dual 1.8 - Lacie External 250 GB, Mac OS X (10.4.6)
  • Rj in WI Level 6 Level 6 (8,030 points)
    Jul 11, 2006 2:37 AM (in response to Furi0us.Bee)
    HI Furi0us.Bee:

I havent' tested the beta video as of yet, but if it's like the previous version, no ports were necessary to be opened.
    Power Mac Dual G5 2Ghz 4.5G RAM, Eye TV, 3 HD & Powerbook G4 1.67 Ghz 1G RAM, Mac OS X (10.4.7), Help your fellow posters by marking EACH POST as "Helpful" or "Solved"
  • melita Calculating status...
    Jul 11, 2006 6:43 AM (in response to Rj in WI)
    tony, thank you million times...was already going to change to pc to be able to video chat...what a relief.

karen, there is no pc to pc phone calls yet, they say the new beta version will have this too

thanks to all who have been helping me with this before, thanks to yahoo, to gods... now i am happy
    melita
    powerBookG4, Mac OS X (10.3.9)
  • Denim Mcdemus Calculating status...
    Jul 20, 2006 12:01 PM (in response to melita)
    Ever since I downloaded Yahoo Messenger 3.0, I have not been able to view other user's webcams.
    II am using a USB cam.
    PC users are able to view my webcam no problem, but I can't seem to view theirs. When they send me a cam invite, I never receive the invite. If I click on the "View My Webcam" under their names on the buddylist, nothing happens.
    There doesn't seem to be an option in the menu anymore to view their cam either.
    How in the heck do I open their cams?
    PowerBook G4, Mac OS X (10.3.9)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.