6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 20, 2006 12:01 PM by Denim Mcdemus
Defcom(UK) Level 6 (15,350 points)

iMacG5 20" , iBookG4 12" , iSight, Mac OS X (10.4.6), Netgear DG834GT, UKonline22 (11Mbps down 695Kbps up)
  • Rj in WI Level 6 (8,025 points)
    Thanks for letting us know Tony!
  • Furi0us.Bee Level 2 (400 points)
    Do i have to open any of my firewall ports on my Mac to use Messenger 3?

Bryan
  • KarenW Level 2 (155 points)
    This is so great! I have been waiting for a Yahoo messenger update for macs forever! It is not clear whether or not this new version has pc-to-pc calling. I do not see the phone symbol (like the windows version has) that you use to make a call to another user. Can anyone comment? thanks a lot!

Karen
  • Rj in WI Level 6 (8,025 points)
    HI Furi0us.Bee:

I havent' tested the beta video as of yet, but if it's like the previous version, no ports were necessary to be opened.
  • melita Level 1 (10 points)
    tony, thank you million times...was already going to change to pc to be able to video chat...what a relief.

karen, there is no pc to pc phone calls yet, they say the new beta version will have this too

thanks to all who have been helping me with this before, thanks to yahoo, to gods... now i am happy
    melita
  • Denim Mcdemus Level 1 (5 points)
    Ever since I downloaded Yahoo Messenger 3.0, I have not been able to view other user's webcams.
    II am using a USB cam.
    PC users are able to view my webcam no problem, but I can't seem to view theirs. When they send me a cam invite, I never receive the invite. If I click on the "View My Webcam" under their names on the buddylist, nothing happens.
    There doesn't seem to be an option in the menu anymore to view their cam either.
    How in the heck do I open their cams?