Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem to my Apple LaserWriter 16/600 ...

Hi,

I have an AppleWriter 16/600 PS. It's a workhorse. I have been using this printer for at least 20 years. It has migrated through many hardware and OS updates without any glitch.

It is connected to an Airport Extreme Base Station and to my iMac Intel (late 2009). Once in a while a print job seems to get lost on the network. If I ping my printer's IP address, it completes with no packet loss (0%).

If I wait a few minutes, the printer outputs the error message below and finally prints the job :

ERROR: syntaxerror

OFFENDING COMMAND: --nostringval--

STACK:

/xa

false

Can somebody tell me what this error message means ?

Best regards.

Robert Lespérance

Joyful owner of an iMac Intel ... Fast as light !!! !!!!, iMac Intel - 3,06 GHZ - 21" - 12.0 Go

Posted on Oct 3, 2013 10:00 AM

2 replies

Jun 15, 2014 4:55 AM in response to kaz-k

The error message was not the culprit. The real problem, was a IP address mapping problem that prevent the computer to send the job to the approprita IP address.

On my network my LaserWriter has a fixed IP address that was not excluded from the router's IP mapping range, htis creating a duplicate IP address on my network, thus a network conflict.

After all these hours searching, I finally discovered that my printer's IP addresse was duplicated when I saw the list of the device managed by my router in the Airport Utility.

With a litle help here and there, the solution got obvious. Hoping this helps others.

Problem to my Apple LaserWriter 16/600 ...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.