Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reverse Caps Lock

I am typing on my iPad using my iMac keyboard through bluetooth.

Sometimes my caps lock reverses. By that I mean I sometimes get ALL CAPS when it is off and lower case when it is on & lighted.

I fix this by closing apps, turning bluetooth off, powering down the iPad, then rebooting 30 seconds later. All returns to normal.

What causes this? Is it related to iOS7? Am I hitting a key combination to make it happen? Is it a sign from God?

Most answers are appreciated.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), Over Caffeinated

Posted on Oct 3, 2013 11:02 AM

12 replies

Oct 4, 2013 6:39 PM in response to Fabini

I suppose it could be related to iOS 7. Have you updated to iOS 7.0.2?

If the steps you've described fix it, maybe just a simple reboot or a reset would work

Try this next time

Reboot the device by pressing and holding down the home and sleep/wake buttons (power) at the same time until the apple logo appears on the screen, then let go.

If that doesn't work then reset the device by going to settings/general/reset/reset all settings

Feb 28, 2015 7:56 PM in response to LittleHh

LittleHh wrote:

WAIT! Don't do anything rash! This very simple solution worked for me: REMOVE BATTERIES FROM KEYBOAR, give it a moment to decide to do the right thing, then reinsert batteries, and voila, problem fixed!!!

Not to worry. If they're still waiting for a solution after a year and a half, they're probably not people inclined to do anything rash.

It's also worth noting that many keyboards don't have removable batteries. None of the ones I've ever used with my iPads do.

Reverse Caps Lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.