Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Support code: 300 The printer is not properly connected ?

in the last month, I have trouble everytine I want to print. I have a Canon PIXMA MG8120 and a Canon S820.

Both were workin fine before. Now I get the message: "Support Code 300 The printer is not properly connected to the computer" or "The printer is not responding".

If I type the IP address of the printer in Safari and theprinter page opens, the it starts printing.

Is this an Apple problem?

Macbook Pro Intel, Mac OS X (10.5.5)

Posted on Oct 3, 2013 1:10 PM

9 replies

Oct 3, 2013 3:03 PM in response to mngz

The error code is usually a result of the printer losing connection to the wifi access point. One action would be to turn the MG8120 and your wireless computers/devices off and then turn off the wifi access point (router) for a minute. Then turn the router back on and then all your wifi devices. Then see if you can print without error.

Given the S820 has no network port, how is this model connected to your network? Via an Airport Express or shared via another computer?

Oct 4, 2013 11:11 PM in response to mngz

Thanks for the reply.

Could you provide more information about the network you have?

You mention having a Time Capsule and I assume that its wireless service is enabled. Does the Verizon router also support wireless? If not, I would also assume that you are using wireless on your network and you have the Time Capsule connecting to the Verizon router via Ethernet. If so, then I would suggest moving the MG8120 to connect to the Time Capsule via WiFi or Ethernet and have the MG set to DHCP so that it can be allocated an IP address. After doing this you would need to remove the MG from the Mac's Print & Scan preference pane and add it agian.

Support code: 300 The printer is not properly connected ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.