Skip navigation

Aperture will not retain serial number when quitting,

318 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 3, 2013 3:10 PM by léonie RSS
artbrew Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Oct 3, 2013 1:22 PM

I have A NSF version from 09, it has worked all this time until I had to rebuild my drive the old fashion way, I can not find an Aperture System ID on my new drive, I do have the serial number still, but no disc.

What do I need to do.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), Late 2008 17 inch Mac book Pro
  • léonie Level 8 Level 8 (46,380 points)

How did you transfer Aperture to your new drive? If you did not reinstall from the CD, try if reinstalling Aperture will help. Since you do no longer have the CD, download the Trial installer. You can unlock it with your serial number.

Download it here: Aperture 3.1 Trial

After running the Trial installer go immediately to Software update in the -menu, and only after updating to the most recent version launch Aperture and enter your registration code to unlock the Trial.  Then launch it by double clicking your Aperture Library or clicking the Aperture icon. Run the installer from an administrator account.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.