Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Advanced Keyboard Shortcuts

FIRST OF ALL, I KNOW HOW TO CREATE A KEYBOARD SHORTCUT IN SYSTEM PREFERENCES. This involves more detailed "routing" I guess you'd say.

What I want:

-To set a keyboard shortcut for a function in a specific app, that can be used no matter which app is in the foreground. Think the play, forward and back buttons that control iTunes, even if you have Pages open and iTunes minimized.

Here's a more detailed explanation:

-I use Spotify for music on my computer. If I'm in Spotify, I can press Command-Up or Command-Down to control Spotify's volume output.

-When I'm in Final Cut Pro editing a video (which I do all day long), I sometimes need to hear the video clip's audio. Other times, I don't need the audio. When I don't need the video's audio, I want my Spotify music to play. Sometimes I want Spotify to play quietly in the background of my video. But every time I want to change Spotify's volume, I need to go back to Spotify and change the volume. Sometimes a few times to get the volume right.

Any ideas?

Posted on Oct 3, 2013 2:31 PM

1 reply

Advanced Keyboard Shortcuts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.