Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I upgraded my iPad 2 I had not yet set any pass codes in settings. After the IOS 6 upgrade I suddenly had a pass code in the restriction which was turned to on, none of that was done by me but by the upgrade. Then I upgraded to IOS 7 and now I have

After upgrading to IOS 6 there was a pass code on restrictions, which wasn't there before and because I didn't set it I have no way of knowing the combination to open it! Now I upgraded to IOS 7 and now have another pass code set which I did not create. This one is in simple pass code. So now I have 2 pass codes that I did not set. I don't have a clue what the pass code numbers ARE and no way to find out! What can I do to resolve this issue? Please help, thanks!

iPad 2, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Oct 3, 2013 2:11 PM

1 reply

When I upgraded my iPad 2 I had not yet set any pass codes in settings. After the IOS 6 upgrade I suddenly had a pass code in the restriction which was turned to on, none of that was done by me but by the upgrade. Then I upgraded to IOS 7 and now I have

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.