Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i unregister my iphone from my Apple ID and Itunes?

I actually purchased a Samsung S4 and need to unregister my IPhone from my account. How do I do that?

iPhone 4

Posted on Oct 3, 2013 4:21 PM

1 reply

Oct 5, 2013 11:48 AM in response to pjburke65

Hello PJBurke65,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

You can remove your iPhone from your Apple ID with this article:

iCloud: Remove your device

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH2702

If you’re no longer using an iOS device or Mac, you can remove it from Find My iPhone when it’s offline. To remove a device that’s online, first turn off Find My iPhone on the device, or erase the device.

If you want to give away or sell your device, be sure to erase your content and settings (in Settings > General > Reset). When you erase your content, Activation Lock is also turned off. For more information, see the Apple Support article: What to do before selling or giving away your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Remove your device from Find My iPhone

1. Sign in to icloud.com/#find with your Apple ID (the one you use with iCloud).If you’re already using an iCloud web app, click the app’s name to switch apps.
  2. Click All Devices, select the offline device, then click Delete x.The Delete icon appears only after Find My iPhone has tried and failed to connect to your device (this may take a few minutes).
    Note: You can also click “Remove from Find My iPhone” in the device’s Info window.

3. Click Remove.
If your device goes online again later (and Find My iPhone is still turned on), it automatically reappears in Find My iPhone. If you still have access to the device, prevent it from reappearing by turning off Find My iPhone:
  • On an iOS device, go to Settings > iCloud, then tap to turn off Find My iPhone.
  • On a Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click iCloud, then deselect Find My Mac.

All the best,

Sterling

How do i unregister my iphone from my Apple ID and Itunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.