Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos disappeared after organizing in activities

Imported several hundred photos from a recent vacation into Iphoto from a Canon camera. I also had iphone pictures to. I organized the photos into newly created activities in the photo tab on the left side of the screen. The activites showed under the photo tab with the names I had given each. But I noticed that they did not show up as Activities when I shiftted to the Activities tab. This situation persisted for several days then the pictures disappeard entirely. I went to the Apple Store and ahd a One on One there. The instructor determined they were not on the computer any where doing various searches. Then I discovered the pictures for one of the four Activites I had created were available as a slide show on my Apple TV. I was able to reimport these to Iphoto where they again reside uder the Photos Tab, but do not show up under the Activities tab. A further note, the titles that we had painstakenly applied to the photos were mostly missing after the reimport.

Can any one make any sense out of this?

Note I am working on an IMac with Iphoto. I have an Iphone 5 with the latest IOS upgrades

Message was edited by: jimf2338

PC and MAC, Mac OS X (10.5.4)

Posted on Oct 3, 2013 5:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2013 12:39 PM

What version of iPhoto are you using on yur iMac? Also what system version are you running?

By Activities do you mean albums?

The best solution is to restore your library from a backup made prior to this problem occurring. Otherwise, apply the two fixes below in order as needed:

Fix #1

1 - launch iPhoto with the Command+Option keys held down and rebuild the library.

User uploaded file

iPhoto 8 (09) and earlier- run the options indicated

User uploaded file

iPhoto 9 (11) and later- run Option #4 to rebuild the database

Fix #2

Using iPhoto Library Manager to Rebuild Your iPhoto Library

1 - download iPhoto Library Manager (iPhoto 8 or earlier or IPhoto 11 and later) and launch.

2 - click on the Add Library button and select the library you want to add in the selection window..

3 - Now that the library is listed in the left hand pane of iPLM, click on your library and go to the

File ➙ Rebuild Library (iPhoto 8 or earlier)

or

Library ➙ Rebuild Library (iPhoto 9 or later)

menu option to rebuild the library.

4 - In the next window name the new library and select the location you want it to be placed.

5 - Click on the Create button.

Note: This creates a new library based on the LIbraryData.xml file in the library and will recover Events, Albums, keywords, titles and comments. However, books, calendars, cards and slideshows will be lost. The original library will be left untouched for further attempts at fixing the problem or in case the rebuilt library is not satisfactory.

OT

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2013 12:39 PM in response to jimf2338

What version of iPhoto are you using on yur iMac? Also what system version are you running?

By Activities do you mean albums?

The best solution is to restore your library from a backup made prior to this problem occurring. Otherwise, apply the two fixes below in order as needed:

Fix #1

1 - launch iPhoto with the Command+Option keys held down and rebuild the library.

User uploaded file

iPhoto 8 (09) and earlier- run the options indicated

User uploaded file

iPhoto 9 (11) and later- run Option #4 to rebuild the database

Fix #2

Using iPhoto Library Manager to Rebuild Your iPhoto Library

1 - download iPhoto Library Manager (iPhoto 8 or earlier or IPhoto 11 and later) and launch.

2 - click on the Add Library button and select the library you want to add in the selection window..

3 - Now that the library is listed in the left hand pane of iPLM, click on your library and go to the

File ➙ Rebuild Library (iPhoto 8 or earlier)

or

Library ➙ Rebuild Library (iPhoto 9 or later)

menu option to rebuild the library.

4 - In the next window name the new library and select the location you want it to be placed.

5 - Click on the Create button.

Note: This creates a new library based on the LIbraryData.xml file in the library and will recover Events, Albums, keywords, titles and comments. However, books, calendars, cards and slideshows will be lost. The original library will be left untouched for further attempts at fixing the problem or in case the rebuilt library is not satisfactory.

OT

Photos disappeared after organizing in activities

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.