Hi my ipad will not connect to the internet, cannot connect to the itunes store? When it connects it shows a symbol that its connected but want login?
Currently Being ModeratedRe: Hi my ipad will not connect to the internet, cannot connect to the itunes store? When it connects it shows a symbol that its connected but want login?Oct 5, 2013 9:01 AM (in response to thuronbey)
Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!
Sounds like the internet connection or wifi on the phone is not working correctly. I found this article for you to help troubleshoot the issue. These 2 sections in particular:
- Be sure you're in range of your Wi-Fi router (access point).
- Tap Settings > Wi-Fi and turn Wi-Fi off and on. If your W-Fi setting is dimmed, follow these steps.
- Confirm that your Wi-Fi router and cable or DSL modem are connected to power, turned on, and connected to the Internet. If not, refer to your network administrator or Internet service provider (ISP) for assistance.
- Restart your iOS device.
- Tap Settings > Wi-Fi and locate the Wi-Fi network to which you're connected.
- Tap and Forget this Network.
- Try to connect to your desired Wi-Fi network.
Note: You may need to enter your Wi-Fi password again if your network requires one.
- Turn your Wi-Fi router off and on2. If your ISP also provides cable or phone service, check with them before attempting this step to avoid interruption of service.
- Update your device to the latest version of software.
- Update your Wi-Fi router to the latest firmware2. For AirPort Base Stations, install updates using the AirPort Utility.
And this section from down the bottom of the article:
- If you're using a public or commercial network, you may need to log in or subscribe.
- Check to see if you have a self-assigned IP address:
- Tap Settings > Wi-Fi and locate the Wi-Fi network to which you're connected and tap .
- If your IP address is 169.254.xxx.xxx, you may not be able to access the Internet.
- If you do not have a self-assigned IP address, see if other Wi-Fi devices on your network have Internet access.
- If they do not, consult with your network administrator or ISP for further assistance.
- If they do, reset network settings on your device by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Note: This will reset all network settings including:
- previously connected Wi-Fi networks and passwords
- recently used Bluetooth accessories
- VPN and APN settings
Both sections from:
iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections
All the best,
More Like This
- Retrieving data ...
- This solved my question - 10 points
- This helped me - 5 points