Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 7 music playback issues in car on USB - iPhone 5

I'm having some serious and very frustrating issues with the new music app on iOS 7. I use my phone on USB to play music in my '13 Hyundai Sonata. Been doing that for about a year and it's been a dream. Now all of a sudden after upgrading to iOS 7, I have the following issues:

-serious lag (sometimes 5 sec) when changing songs from my steering wheel or stereo

-random songs not displaying their title (never had an issue previously with this)

-song time not showing as the song progresses. Just says 0:00

-hitting the rewind button to start a song over will actually go to the previous song, even if I'm well into the current song

-at random times it will just default back to the first song in my library when switching songs

This is my biggest issue with the update. I tried resetting by holding the power/home buttons but that didn't work. I haven't tried blue tooth because I don't want to drain the battery and pair it every time- my car makes me do that. May come to that though. Does anyone know of a fix for playing on the USB? It's basically unusable right now.

Not sure if this is related to the car issues or just the app in general, but I also can't tell Siri to play a song anymore- she doesn't let me finish talking before it beeps at me again.

Thanks!

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Oct 3, 2013 8:15 PM

There are no replies.

iOS 7 music playback issues in car on USB - iPhone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.