Skip navigation

HT2513: Mac Basics: iCal (OS X Lion and earlier)

Learn about Mac Basics: iCal (OS X Lion and earlier)

HT2513 how to keep calendar events showing in times as entered?

240 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Oct 3, 2013 9:34 PM by njld RSS
njld Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Oct 3, 2013 9:34 PM

when i enter events on my calendar, i enter using the respective local time so that wherever i am, whatever timezone i am in, the event should reflect the time it will occur that day in that place. e.g. i entered my departure flight from liberia on 19 sept for 9am, and my arrival in bali for 6.30am on 21 sept. my departure time from bali should be 4.30am 6 oct, and return to liberia 5pm 7 oct.

however, depite disabling time-zone support on my ical, when i travelled this week from africa to asia, to a new time-zone (8 hours ahead), my calendar entries got all messed up (moved ahead 8 hours), so now my return flight times which i had entered are all out of whack. how can i stop this from happening?

thanks

MacBook Air (11-inch Mid 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.